Home Sweet College



Going to college is a huge step in life and moving to a new place for college is huge leap. No worries though, here are some of the things I've done to make college in Mobile feel a little more homey.

1. Go to college with friends

I was lucky enough to come to South along with about 6 of my friends from high school, so, automatically I had a piece of home with me. What made it even better is that I now room with 3 of those friends in an apartment!

2. Bring your favorite stuffed animal

Maybe I'm the only one who has a stuffed animal, but I brought my stuffed monkey Rafiki with me and he reminds me of being at home with my family. So, if you got one, bring it!

3. Decorate!

One of my favorite things to do is decorate my room, so be sure to make your room feel as homey as possible for when you just need to relax after a long day of classes. Try even bring some decor from your old room at home to make it extra homey.

4. Have friends come visit

This is super important because it makes for a great weekend and it'll feel as if you were back in your hometown hanging out with your best friend, except this time you're showing them around your new home!

5. Pictures, pictures, and more pictures!

This kind of goes with the decorating thing but go print out some of your favorite memories from back home and incorporate it with the new pictures of all the new memories you've made here at South!



Image result for home sweet college

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteering as a College Student!

A Week In My Life At USA

A Week In My Life At South Alabama!