Don't Blink, Freshman Year Is Around The Corner!

Senior year of high school was a blur, people always told me it would be over before I knew it and they were right. Although it was a blur I still had to make sure everything was going according to plan in order for me to be able to attend South in the Fall. I compiled a list of 5 things that senior in high school should be doing to prepare for their freshman year of college.

1. Focus on your grades!

I can't begin to tell you how important this one is. My senior year I needed to work my tail off in order to get the GPA I needed to get a scholarship at South, which meant forfeiting some time with friends. But that's okay! The scholarship is worth it.

2. Find time for friends

Yes, this is sort of contradicting the first one but it is also important. Many of your friends will be going off to different schools and it will be hard to see them in the future. So take time to cherish those moments.

3. Think about whether or not you can handle a job freshman year

My freshman year I knew I needed to focus on my education and had to figure out how to adjust to college classes. This was very important for me, so my senior year I made sure to save up money in order to make it last throughout freshman year so I wouldn't have to worry about a job.

4. Go to USA Days

This gives you a sense of what South Alabama will be like and it'll get you and your family super excited for the next big chapter in your life along with being able to learn more about the campus so you're ready for your move in day!

5. Spend time with your family

I regret not taking more time out for my family because I was too focused on studying and hanging out with my friends. Just think about how much your family will miss you, it'll mean the world to them if you're able to have a few more family nights.

And now you're ready for freshman year!
Go Jags!!

Image result for south alabama mascots

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteering as a College Student!

A Week In My Life At USA

A Week In My Life At South Alabama!